We take care of it all. The most critically ill patients, the most challenging medical problems. Minor illnesses—and chronic disease. The birth of healthy babies—and the healthy lives of older adults.
For more than a quarter of a century, Shiraz Kowsar Hospital has set the highest standard for health care—and reached and surpassed it year after year.
We are a not-for-profit, 300-bed medical center in the center of the nation’s cultural capital—and every day, hundreds of people in the region depend on us for their care. In the last 10 years alone, the hospital opened its door for nearly 1.5 million inpatient and outpatient visits by residents from throughout the South Iran.
We are the busiest and largest non-university hospital in Shiraz, Fars and the surrounding area—and serve as referral center and the central hub for the region’s most advanced acute medical care.
But we are much more. Our primary and secondary health services help our community’s residents get and stay healthy, and help to improve patients’ quality of life by managing chronic illness.
Our inpatient services, education and research programs, outpatient care and community outreach initiatives are all aimed at meeting today’s health care needs—and at leading the way to meet the future health needs of the nation.
Our reputation for medical excellence is well-earned
- Patient centered care delivered with compassion
- Quality services focused on safety, efficiency—and the best possible outcome for patients
- A nationally and internationally renowned multidisciplinary team of health care professionals, including medical/dental and surgical staffs numbering nearly 330.
- The most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available anywhere
- Nationally recognized heart and vascular care through the Fars Heart Foundation, founded at Shiraz Kowsar Hospital, and our unique clinical and research alliance with Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center at Fasa University of Medical Sciences.
- Nationally respected programs in cancer, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology and GI surgery, gynecology, orthopaedics, pulmonology, and urology
- A robust research program that has paved the way to innovative new treatment modalities
- A lengthy list of recognitions and achievements for our services—and our medical team
Shiraz Kowsar Hospital, the major hospital of Fars Heart Foundation, is dedicated to delivering exceptional PATIENT FIRST health care. We provide the region with the highest quality and latest medical advances through excellence in patient care, education and research.
To be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
To treat each patient as we would a member of our own family by providing the best medical treatment with caring and compassion, responsive service, and intelligent use of resources. Through this achievement, we will be recognized as a national model for excellence in patient-centered care.
Facts and Figures
- Specialist physicians: 266
- General Practitioners: 30
- Registered Nurses: 419
- Mid-wife Nurses: 70
- Operation Room Technicians: 111
- Radiology Technicians: 39
- Lab Technicians: 36
- Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technicians: 12
- Nuclear Medicine Technicians: 12